Who we are and the purpose of this policy
adsl-it.co.uk is the trading name of Art Data Systems Limited.
Because we can use your personal information in a number of different ways, we have split this policy into sections that cover each category. However, for all personal information we hold we undertake to:
- Tell you about how your data is used, either at the time we collect it (if we collect it directly from you) or as soon as is practical afterwards (if we collect it from a third party).
- Keep it securely and make it available only to those within the organisation who need to see it. Where we share data with other organisations, we will tell you first wherever possible (sometimes there may be legal reasons not to).
- Where your data is processed by other organisations on our behalf, make sure that the processing is clearly defined, secure and governed by a contract.
- Respect your rights over your personal data.
- Inform you about major changes to this policy.
This policy is effective from 17 May 2018.
Where your information is stored
Your information is stored in the UK with our website company or on our secure servers in the UK and Europe. It is protected by a contract that sets out how the personal information is to be managed – and that contract guarantees that the personal information will always have the same protection as information we store ourselves.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep data only for as long as we have a support contract with your organisation, your data will be kept until then. If we no longer provide support we will contact you to ask you whether you would like your data deleted.
How we use your data for direct marketing
adsl-it needs to be able to contact you to provide support – normally we will ask for your email address and contact telephone number.
We will use your personal information to provide support and inform you about news, events and offers which may be of interest to you. We only do this with your direct consent, and you can withdraw it at any time.
Objecting to direct marketing
If you do not wish to receive any further marketing information from us you can:
- Click on the unsubscribe link if it is an email message (all our marketing emails contain an unsubscribe option).
- Contact us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, email address and if possible sending a copy of the last communication received (this will help us identify you).
We will need to retain a small amount of information about you (usually name and email address) to add to our ‘stop list’. When we send marketing mailings, we run the recipients against this list to ensure those who have objected are not contacted.
What information we collect
- Name(s) and address, email, phone number(s) and other relevant contact details and preferences
- Information about our relationship with you, correspondence, meeting notes, attendance at events etc.
- Occupation and professional activity, network(s) and interests where relevant to our needs.